Travel Savings Alerts Newsletter, November 2011 Issue
P.O. Box 91033
Columbus OH 43209
ISSN: 1542-801X, Copyright 2011
All Rights Reserved.
Editor: Nicki Chodnoff
If your email reader cannot read HTML, please go to On The Go
Publishing to view this newsletter.
Like this newsletter? Send it to a friend! Add
our newsletter email address to your `friends` or whitelist address
book so your sp*m filter won't block or bounce this newsletter. Carats
(^) and other symbols are inserted to disguise some words so they wont
trigger sp*am filters.
Devil's Tower, Wyoming
Peninsula Chicago 10th Anniversary Offer
|The Peninsula hotel opened its doors in Chicago on June 1, 2001. Now, 10 years later, the Peninsula Chicago recognizes the milestone with anniversary offerings.
The year-long “Celebrate 10 Years” promotion offers one night at the regular rate and the second night at $10. You get free access to the swimming pool, fitness center, daily Pilates and yoga classes and wireless internet access. The package is valid through Dec. 31, 2011 and rates start from $750 for a Grand Deluxe guestroom. A two-night stay is required.
The $10 room rate is pro-rated on each of the two nights; no further discounts apply. Room rates are per room, per night and valid for single or double occupancy.
The Peninsula Chicago or 866/288-8889.
Icelandair Takes Off From Denver
|Icelandair, the flagship carrier of Iceland begins service from Denver next spring with four flights a week to Reykjavik, Iceland. Denver will become Icelandair's ninth North American gateway. Through its hub in Iceland, Icelandair offers non-stop flights to more than 20 destinations in Scandinavia, the U.K. and Continental Europe.
During the 1960s and 1970s, Icelandair was the airline of choice for many college students because of its low fares and convenient flight paths. Today, Icelandair sports a new look, three cabins of service, leather seats, personal in-flight entertainment centers and is still recognized as a value airline.
To celebrate service from the Mile-High City, Icelandair offers the Mile-High Getaway to Iceland from $679 per person. The package includes roundtrip airfare, two nights’ accommodations at the newly refurbished Icelandair Natura hotel, early check-in with breakfast on arrival, a Reykjanes Peninsula and Golden Circle Tour and a peek at the Blue Lagoon.
In addition to Denver, Icelandair offers non-stop service to Iceland from Boston, New York-JFK, Seattle, and seasonal service from Washington, D.C., Minneapolis, Orlando Sanford, Halifax and Toronto. Connections through Icelandair's hub at Keflavik International Airport are available to 20 destinations in Scandinavia, the U.K. and Continental Europe. Icelandair allows passengers to stopover in Iceland at no additional airfare.
Icelandair or 877/I-FLY-ICE.
Rocky Mountaineer Early Booking Bonus on 2012 Packages
|Rocky Mountaineer offers a bonus if you book in advance of the 2012 season. Reserve a qualifying Rocky Mountaineer vacation package of seven nights or more in GoldLeaf Service by Nov. 30, 2011 and receive up to $1200 per couple in added value including an additional hotel night in Vancouver, BC; Whistler, BC; Calgary, AB or Seattle, WA with free dinner, a roundtrip train journey onboard the Whistler Sea to Sky Climb and a $25 CAD souvenir credit.
The upcoming season, which runs from April to October 2012, Rocky Mountaineer will debut SilverLeaf Service on all departures on its flagship route, First Passage to the West, between Vancouver and Banff/Calgary, AB. An upgrade from RedLeaf Service, SilverLeaf is an option to experience Western Canada and the Canadian Rockies with panoramic views from a single-level dome coach.
The Early Booking Bonus is only valid on new 2012 bookings, made by Nov. 30, 2011 and paid in full by Jan. 20, 2012. The Early Booking Bonus offer applies to SilverLeaf Service, plus RedLeaf Service with reduced value. All bookings will be made in American dollars. Offers are based on availability and may be modified, withdrawn or travel dates may be substituted without prior notice. Further restrictions may apply.
Rocky Mountaineer or 800/665-7245.
American Airlines offers members of its AAdvantage frequent flyer program a way to earn thousands of AAdvantage bonus miles for roundtrip trans-Atlantic travel on American Airlines and oneworld alliance members British Airways and Iberia. After one roundtrip to the UK or Continental Europe, you can earn 25,000 bonus miles – enough to redeem a roundtrip travel award within the United States.
To qualify, you must register for this offer prior to travel and fly a trans-Atlantic roundtrip flight on an eligible First Class, Business Class or full-fare Economy Class ticket on American, British Airways or Iberia by Dec. 31, 2011. You will earn 25,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after your first roundtrip, 35,000 after your second roundtrip and 45,000 for each additional roundtrip flown. After three roundtrips, you will have more than 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles in your accounts, and there is no limit to the number of bonus miles you can earn during the offer period.
You must register for this prior to travel using promotion code EUR11. If you are not a member of the AAdvantage program enroll here.
Barcelo Hotels & Resorts offers up to 35 percent off for early reservations at its all-inclusive beachfront properties in Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica
You can book vacations to any all-inclusive resort in Mexico and the Dominican Republic for travel through Apr. 30, 2012, or Costa Rica for travel between Dec. 24, 2011 and April 30, 2012; and receive a percentage off based on how early you book. The earlier the reservation is made – the greater the value.
You receive the following discounts when reservations are made:
- More than 120 days in advance – 35 percent off
- Between 90 and 119 days in advance – 30 percent off
- Between 60 and 89 days in advance – 20 percent off
- Between 31 and 59 days in advance – 15 percent off
More than a dozen Barcelo resorts are part of the offer in locations such as Cancun, Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Punta Arenas and Punta Cana. Each Barcelo property reflects the characteristics and culture of its destination in architecture, design and amenities.
The early booking promotion is valid for U.S. residents and requires no minimum-night stay. It cannot be combined with other offers and other restrictions may apply.
Barcelo Hotels & Resorts. or 800/BARCELO
Several of St. Kitts’ properties offer fall and winter deals, plus the island has a value-added program to help you save on your stay.
Offers from individual hotels on St. Kitts include:
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel – Low season rates begin at $90 per room, per night through Dec. 19, 2011. When you stay four consecutive nights, the fifth night is free.
- Ocean Terrace Inn – Through Nov. 30, 2011, the property offers three low-cost options: $89 for single occupancy; $100 for double occupancy and up to two kids 12 and under stay free; or Bed & Breakfast rate of $118 for double occupancy and up to two kids 12 and under stay free. There is a maximum two adults and two children or three adults per room and the third person rate is an additional $30 per night. All rates are per room, per night and inclusive of taxes.
- Ottley’s Plantation Inn – Through 2011, Ottley’s rolled back rates which reflect reductions of 25 to 35 percent and start from $194 through Dec. 22, 2011. Rates are per room, per night.
- Rock Haven Bed & Breakfast – To Dec. 15, 2011, stays start at $149 per room, per night. Get a 15 percent discount for stays of at least three nights. Rates include breakfast, free roundtrip airport transfers, free internet access, free international calls to the US, Canada and UK, laundry service and booking of all excursions.
- The St. Kitts Marriott Resort – Valid through Dec. 18, 2011, the Super Escape! Inclusive package includes accommodations; room tax and service charge; daily breakfast, lunch and a three-course dinner at select restaurants; kids under 12 eat free from the kids menu or buffet; room service; unlimited gold standard beverages, local beers and house wines; choice of a round of golf, spa treatment or casino package; kids club for children ages five to 12; use of tennis courts and non-motorized water sports. Rates start at $329 per room, per night based on double occupancy. A three-night minimum stay is required and refer to code P50 when booking.
- The Sugar Bay Club – Through Dec. 20, 2011, low season rates start at $90 for room only or $110 for “bed & breakfast.” Rates are per room, per night.
- Timothy Beach Resort – Thirty to 40 percent savings with low season rates from $66 per room, per night. Book through Nov. 12 to save 40 percent off room rates for stays through Nov. 15, 2011. Or, book through Dec. 17 for 35 percent off room rates for stays Nov. 16 through Dec. 20, 2011. A three-night minimum stay is required.
- The St. Kitts “Fall in Love with St. Kitts & Nevis” program includes free nights - either seven nights for the price of four or five nights; or four nights for the price of three - at participating hotels. Plus, there is free Continental breakfast daily or a food and beverage credit and a discount card for savings at island shops, restaurants and tours. Children's discounts may also apply.
You can book your stay directly with the hotel and purchase air separately, or get reduced airfare on flights booked in conjunction with a stay at a participating hotel via American Airlines' AA Vacations, US Airways Vacations or Delta Vacations. The "Fall in Love with St. Kitts & Nevis" offer is valid on new bookings made through Dec. 12, 2011 for travel through Dec. 18, 2011.
St. Kitts Tourism Authority or 800/582-6208.
|Six Night French Riviera Package from $1,099|
Rub elbows with the rich and famous with Sceptre Tours' French Riviera package from $1,099 per person depending upon dates of travel.
With the French Riviera Package you are based in Monaco in the heart of Riviera glitz and glamor. Monaco can serve as your base for visiting the Beaux-Arts style Monte Carlo Casino, cobblestoned streets of hilltop towns and the famous beach promenades of Nice and Cannes.
The French Riviera package includes six nights at the Riviera Marriott in Monaco; breakfast daily; roundtrip airfare from New York (JFK) to Nice.
This package is priced from $1,099 per person, based on double occupancy, for travel through Feb. 29, 2012. Travel in March 2012 is from $1,149. Rates are based on select mid-week departures and do not include government taxes/fees/facility charges up to $225 per person for US enplanements.
You can upgrade to a seaview room with balcony for $50 per person for the entire stay. An upgrade option will be available during the booking process.
You can explore the French Riviera with a car rental from $99 per person for standard or $149 for automatic car. Extra nights are $99 per person, per night.
Sceptre Tours or 800/221-0924.
U.S. travelers looking for alternatives to winter may find it in the Southern States of Australia as they offer value for a warm-weather vacation Down Under.
Down Under Travel expects more travelers from several Southern states as Qantas Airways recently launched non-stop flights from Dallas Forth Worth to Brisbane.
The "Southern Splendor" vacation packages include getaways such as a 12-night air and land inclusive vacation from $2,599 per person.
Prices are subject to currency fluctuations and seasonal surcharges. The price reflects lowest season pricing. The limited number of seats and rooms are subject to availability at time of booking. Add-on fares are available from other U.S. cities. U.S. and foreign taxes and fees are not included and can be about $250 per person.
The Southern States of Australia are the most lush and scenic part of the country and offer value and experiences for travelers.
Southern Splendors Vacation Packages or 800/889-1464.
Pristine Bay Resort, on the Caribbean island of Roatan, in Honduras, offers a “Golf in Paradise” stay-and-play package highlighted by villa accommodations and rounds on the Perry and Pete Dye-designed Black Pearl course.
With savings of more than 30 percent, the Golf in Paradise package starts at $775 per person plus tax, based on double occupancy. It includes four rounds of golf on Roatan’s only course, the Black Pearl; four nights’ villa accommodations with private pool; and daily breakfast.
Packages may be customized to include scuba diving, zip lining, deep-sea fishing and other activities.
Open since January 2011, the par-72, 7,179-yard course has 14 holes with views of the Caribbean. The course begins at the ocean and rises into the foothills before leading back to the beachfront clubhouse.
Pristine Bay’s resort hotel will open by the end of 2011 with 30 guest rooms, 11 two-bedroom villas, a five-star restaurant, beachfront infinity pools and palapa bar, hard courts for tennis, private beach, croquet field, movie theatre, pro shop and fully-equipped locker rooms.
Pristine Bay Resor or 713/489.2554.
Road warriors who travel two weeks or more a month have higher body mass index, higher obesity rates and poorer self-rated health than those who travel less often, according to researchers at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health.
The study drew data from medical records of more than 13,000 employees in a corporate wellness program provided by EHE International. Nearly 80 percent of employees traveled at least one night a month and one percent traveled more than 20 nights a month.
Overall, the researchers found that business people who traveled the most (20 or more days a month) have poorer health compared with those who travel between one and six days a month.
For example, extensive travelers:
- Had a mean Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27.5 kg/m2 versus 26.1 for light travelers
- Had a mean HDL level of 53.3 mg/DL versus 56.1 for light travelers
- Had a mean Diastolic pressure of 76.2 mmHG versus 74.6 for light travelers
- Were 260 percent more likely to rate their health as fair to poor compared to light travelers
Employees who did not travel at all also scored poorly on health measures. Non-travelers were about 60 percent more likely than light travelers to rate their health as fair to poor and had a mean body mass index of 26.7 kg/m2. According to the authors, poor health among non-travelers may reflect a "healthy worker effect," with employees who have health problems being less likely to travel.
he authors note that 81 percent of business travel is done in personal automobiles, which is associated with long hours of sitting and a high probability of poor food choices.
While research to date has associated business travel with infectious disease health risks, this is the one of the first studies to report the effects of business travel on health risks associated with cardiovascular disease.
BOOK BY NOV. 2 - - In celebration of its non-stop service to Grand Bahama Island, Vision Airlines offers vacationers in five U.S. cities an excuse to go to The Bahamas. Fares from Ft. Lauderdale, FL can be $1 per person, each way (plus taxes and fees) based on a roundtrip purchase. Fares from Louisville, KY, Richmond, VA, Raleigh/Durham, N.C., and Baltimore/Washington can be $29 per person, each way (plus taxes and fees) based on a roundtrip purchase. The exact fare may vary slightly based on the currency exchange rate at time of purchase.
The offer, which is nonrefundable, is valid for booking a three-night, land-air package for two at one of 10 participating Grand Bahama Island hotels. Packages must be booked by Nov. 2, 2011, with travel completed by Dec. 19, 2011. Fares are limited, not available on all flights and are subject to availability at the time of purchase.
Participating hotels include:
- Castaways Resort & Suites
- Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas
- Island Palm Resort
- Island Seas Resort
- Ocean Reef Resort & Yacht Club
- Old Bahama Bay
- Pelican Bay Hotel
- Sunrise Resort & Marina
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach
Vision Airlines service from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Louisville, KY, and Baltimore/Washington begins on Nov. 3, 2011. Service from Richmond, VA and Raleigh/Durham, N.C. launches on Nov. 4, 2011.
Vision Airlines or 877/FLY-A-JET.
Canadian online travel agency Vayama.ca opens their Win a Trip to Greece with Turkish Airlines Giveaway. To be eligible, go to Vayama’s website and register.
The winner will receive two roundtrip tickets from Toronto to Athens on Turkish Airlines in Comfort Class and three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at the O&B boutique hotel, in the historic center of Athens.
A random prize drawing will be held by Vayama Canada on Nov. 16, 2011. Your chance of winning depends on the number of entries received during the contest period through Nov. 15, 2011.
Vayama Win a Trip to Greece.
Ring in the New Year and kick off 25 years of hospitality. In January 2012, any room, any night at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel in Jekyll Island, GA is $125 plus tax and resort fee. That includes a stay in the Presidential Suite in the hotel's signature turret.
Choose from accommodations at the Clubhouse, the Annex, Sans Souci, or one of the Cottages – Crane Cottage and Cherokee Cottage. The hotel features 157 rooms in five historic settings.
The Jekyll Island Club Hotel was originally built in 1886 as a hunting retreat for America's wealthy elite. The Club Annex, built in 1901 features rooms with porches facing the Club's croquet lawn and river. Crane Cottage, built in 1917, in classic Italianate design, offers 13 guest rooms, gardens and courtyard dining. Cherokee, a villa built in 1904 features 10 rooms including a two room suite with king bedroom with gas fireplace and attached sunroom.
Amenities include concierge services, heated swimming pool, hotel tours, free intra-island transportation and free wireless internet access.
Jekyll Island Club Hotel or 800/535-9547
People to People Ambassador Programs, a global educational travel experience, offers the 50 for Fifty scholarship giveaway in celebration of their 50th anniversary of providing worldwide student travel. Fifty full Student Ambassador Scholarships, to further the organization's long-term goal of global understanding, will be given to one student in each state of the Union.
Winners will receive a free spot on their local Student Ambassador delegation and can participate in one of the more than 25 programs offered on seven continents. The contest is open to full-time students in grades five through 12 who are age eight and older.
To enter the giveaway complete the official entry form online. All entries must be received by Dec. 1, 2011. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
The People to People program expands students' world views and builds friendships through education-based travel led by teachers that explore cultural attractions, engage with local people through homestays, demonstrate community involvement through service projects, and provide unique moments such as meeting with parliament members in the UK.
People to People 50 for Fifty scholarship giveaway.
ENTER BY NOV. 18 - - The Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels in Orlando, FL kick off an essay contest to award one-week vacation prize packages to two U.S. military families of four.
Active and retired U.S. military personnel can enter the contest by submitting a link to a 90-second video on YouTube or writing an essay of no more than 300 words stating why their family is proud to be a military family. Entries must be submitted via the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels website and must be received by Nov. 18, 2011. Winners will be announced on the website by Dec. 9, 2011.
Two military service personnel each will be awarded a six-night vacation prize package for four (the military service person and up to three immediate family members) that includes:
- Six nights’ accommodations at one of the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
- Free airfare to Orlando on AirTran Airways (only for non-Florida residents)
- Roundtrip ground transportation to and from the airport
- Four three-day Disney Magic Your Way tickets with the Park Hopper Option
- Four tickets to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
- Breakfast and dinner at the hotel each day
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels is a consortium of seven Official Walt Disney World Hotels that includes Best Western, Holiday Inn, Double Tree Suites by Hilton, Hilton, Royal Plaza, Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, and the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista.
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels.
BOOK BY NOV. 3 - - The Stay More & Save package at the Kitano New York Hotel lets you stay longer and enjoy winter in NYC. The “Stay Longer and Save” package is available Nov. 18 to 28, Dec. 17 to 27, 2011 and January and February 2012.
Book a two-night stay and save 10 per cent, book a three-night stay and save 15 percent. A four night stay saves 20 percent and a five night stay or longer receives a 25 percent savings. Stays must be booked by Nov. 3, 2011. No advance payment required.
The Kitano New York Hotel features traditional East and West services and amenities providing Asian hospitality with New York style. Guestrooms and suites feature mahogany and cherry furniture, down comforters, artwork, and views of the historic Murray Hill, Grand Central Terminal, the Empire State Building and other New York landmarks.
Kitano New York Hotel or 212/885-7111.
Many of Amelia Island’s resorts, hotels and bed and breakfast inns are preparing for the Florida winter by bundling special rates and amenities.
- The Addison on Amelia offers a Thanksgiving package for $225 (plus room rate) which includes breakfast daily; daily evening happy hour (except Thanksgiving Day); a two-hour Amelia River Cruise; lunch on Thanksgiving Day; and a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The Bed, Breakfast and Christmas Bliss offer includes breakfast on Christmas morning; a lunch buffet; happy hour with hors d'oeuvres; and a Christmas dinner.
- The Amelia Island Williams House offers several packages through 2011. From $418, the Holiday Cookie Tour package offers a two-night stay, two tickets for the Amelia Island Holiday Cookie Tour (Nov. 19), breakfast, wine and hors d’oeuvres daily. The Thanksgiving Holiday Getaway, from $145 plus the cost of the room, includes Afternoon Tea on Thanksgiving Day, carriage tour of downtown Fernandina Beach, and a voucher for Thanksgiving dinner at Beech Street Grill. The package offers discounts for longer stays. Stay three nights and receive 50 percent off the third night. Stay four nights and get the fourth night free. The Victorian Christmas package includes a three-night stay, Christmas goodie basket, snacks and beverages all day, hors d’oeuvres on Christmas Eve, holiday lights carriage tour, Christmas Buffet and sandwiches and chili on Christmas day. The package price starts at $795.
- Through Dec. 20, ERA Fernandina Beach Realty offers a free night when you stay two or more nights at any vacation rental location. If you travel Dec. 21, 2011 through Mar. 31, 2012, you receive 20 per cent off daily rates excluding holidays and special events.
- The Fairbanks House Make Me Over package starts from $250 and includes a spa manicure and pedicure, hair makeover with semi-permanent hair color, haircut and style, makeup application and a new outfit. The Romance package, through Jan. 31, 2012, features wine, chocolate-covered strawberries and dinners at local fine-dining establishments, daily breakfast, evening social hours with beverages and hors d'oeuvres, use of beach equipment and full concierge service. Packages range from two- to seven-nights and start at $435 for two, including room.
- Stay at the Amelia Island Hampton Inn at the Beach for two nights for $109 plus tax and receive a third night for $1 through Jan. 31, 2012. The Fuel Your Fun package provides a $25 gas card at check out and is available through Jan. 31, 2012.
- The Hoyt House again hosts its Thanksgiving Feast. Rates start at $210 per night, and if you stay three or more nights the holiday meal is $55 per person (not including tax or gratuity). The Hoyt House offers a Christmas package from $295 per couple plus room and includes Champagne upon arrival; carriage ride through Fernandina Beach; extended Happy Hour on Christmas Eve; Christmas Lights Trolley Tour; Christmas Day dinner, and a holiday gift. You can ring in the New Year with the New Year’s Eve package from $250 per couple plus room. The package includes a New Year's Eve cocktail reception, live music, hors d’oeuvres, Champagne Toast at midnight, open bar all night, and a dessert table.
- The Steel Magnolias package at The Omni Amelia Island Plantation offers oceanfront accommodations for two, sweet tea and Madeleines on arrival, a 50-minute Swedish massage, one-hour group tennis clinic and a mint julep and chocolate tasting at Marché Burette. From $349 per night, the package also includes a personal driver to chauffer you to and from downtown shopping and a copy of “GRITS (Girls Raised in the South): Guide to Life”. The Southern Gentlemen package offers a backwater fishing excursion, private fish fry, a round of golf and a private bourbon and locally brewed beer tasting. Rates start from $359 per night for a minimum two-night stay.
Additionally, 13 Amelia Island accommodators offer a free night if you book a qualifying stay. You can choose from bed and breakfast inns, vacation rentals and family-owned or chain hotels offering a third or fourth free night. Here's the list of participating locations.
All packages are based on availability. Restrictions and black out dates apply at individual properties. Please contact individual properties for restrictions and to book a package.
Amelia Island is a barrier island that offers long beaches, abundant wildlife, and pristine waters. The island is home to Fernandina Beach, once a Victorian seaport village, and now a downtown district of shops, attractions and eateries.
Amelia Island Convention & Visitor’s Bureau.
BOOK BY NOV. 15 - - Windstar Cruises, which operates three sailing yachts, launches "Caribbean On Sail," with fares for seven-day voyages in Category B staterooms from $1,599 per person, based on double occupancy, when booked by Nov. 15, 2011.
Three seven-day itineraries are available on "Caribbean On Sail."
- Windstar's Flavors of the Caribbean voyage on the Wind Surf sails roundtrip from Philipsburg, St. Maarten and visits Martinique; St. Lucia; Dominica; Antigua; and St. Barthelemy. Flavors of the Caribbean departs Dec. 17 and 31, 2011; Jan. 14 and 28; Feb. 11, 2012; and Mar. 10, 2012
- Windstar's Yachtsman's Caribbean voyage on the Wind Surf sails roundtrip from St. Maarten and visits Tortola; Jost van Dyke, B.V.I. (overnight); Virgin Gorda, B.V.I. (overnight); St. Kitts; Guadeloupe; and St. Barthelemy. Departures on Jan. 7; Feb. 4 and 18; and Mar. 3, 2012.
- Windstar's Jewels of the Windward Islands voyage on the Wind Spirit sails roundtrip from Barbados and visits St. Lucia; St. Vincent, Grenadines (overnight); and Grenada. Departures are on Dec. 17, 24 and 31, 2011; Jan. 7, 14, 21 and 28; Feb. 4 and 25; Mar. 10 and 17, 2012.
- Fares are for new bookings, are cruise only and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes are additional. The offer is not combinable with any other promotional offer, is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn or modified at any time.
Windstar Cruises or 800/258-7245.
BOOK BY NOV. 30 - - Book the Scratch & Win promotion and you have a chance to Scratch and Win instant discounts between five to 100 percent off the total room rate when checking in. You will also receive a free one-day hop-on hop-off City Tour bus ride and free internet access. For your convenience, the hotel provides a free airport shuttle service which runs every 30 minutes from 6.30 a.m. until 2 a.m. daily.
This offer is only available when booking online through Accor Hotels Singapore website under Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore “Scratch and Win” package. When you check-in, you receive a “Scratch and Win” card to discover your discount. Everyone has a chance to stay for free.
As part of the “Scratch and Win” promotion, Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore runs a weekend offer where you get an instant 25 percent off your room rate when booking online through Accor Hotels Singapore website for weekend stays (Fridays to Sundays). You also have the chance to “Scratch and Win” up to 100 percent off your room rate plus the free city tour and free internet access.
Bookings for the ‘Scratch and Win’ promotion can be made until Nov. 30, 2011 and valid for stays to Feb. 29, 2012.
The Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore is 15 minutes from Changi International Airport, in heritage Katong a historic area on Singapore’s East Coast near the city. The 558 room hotel offers four dining outlets, 10 meeting rooms, a wellness spa, outdoor swimming pool and a fitness center. It offers free one-way shuttle service to Paya Lebar MRT Station Mondays to Fridays.
Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore.
The Ngellil Nature Island Resort offers an introductory rate from $100 per night for two people, which includes boat transfers to the island resort and three meals a day for two. You can add a half day of kayaking at $50 for two people. This offer is good through Dec. 20, 2011.
Located on a remote corner of Airai State, in Palau Micronesia, the resort offers daily shuttle services to Koror for $10 per passenger. This campaign is valid until Dec. 24, 2011.
As the only commercial entity on the island, the Ngellil Nature Island Resort is designed to harmonize with nature. The resort has two buildings, one housing eight guest rooms and the other serves as a lobby and restaurant. Only accessible by boat, you have complete privacy and autonomy.
Made of natural products from the islands, the resort has its own private beach and outdoor dining area where you are served set menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Activities include private hiking trails through the jungle, sea kayaking, snorkeling, and fishing.
Suited for two people per room, each guest room is designed to let in the natural breezes. Daily housekeeping services include fresh flowers strewn across your bed.
Palau is an archipelago of more than 586 islands with about 20,000 inhabitants. Ranked as one of the world's best dive destinations, Palau is suited for the adventurous traveler with water features and beaches plus landmarks such as the Rock Islands and Jellyfish Lake.
Ngellil Nature Island Resort phone 680/587-1059; fax 680/587-3631.
|Had a good experience on a plane recently? Stumbled across the perfect place to stay, eat or
drink? Tell us about it, email us here.
PLEASE NOTE: All links
are sent as clickable links. Some email programs such as AOL, Yahoo,
& Hotmail change the links so that they are not clickable. If you
have problems clicking on a link, just copy and paste the link into
|Cheap Tix Chart
-- Buy Tickets at a Discount -- Special ticket outlets sell discounted day-of-performance tickets to theater productions, films, and sporting events. Discounts can be 50 percent or more. On The Go Publishings
Cheap Tix Chart, still only $14, lists outlets in the U.S. and eight foreign cities that sell discounted, day-of-performance tickets. Click here
to order the Cheap Tix Chart from On The Go Publishing.
| CURE & CLEAN NATURALLY -- Throw out your harmful toxic disinfectants, cleaners, bleaches and insecticides! Cure and clean with the world's
safest all-natural sanitizer, Hydrogen Peroxide. You don't need to spend a fortune on fancy store-bought preparations with their secret ingredient that turns out to be Hydrogen Peroxide. Get more than 30
powerful recipes using Hydrogen Peroxide as a foot soak, cold and flu killer, plant protector, and pet purgative for only $2. To order, send an email to: email@example.com with Order Hydrogen Peroxide Cure in
Free Fun San Diego -- This savings-packed FREE brochure features almost 40 Fun, Fr-ee Things to do in San Diego. When heading to Southern California, attend concerts or visit a State
Historic Park and keep that cash in your pocket.
To get your Fr-ee Fun San Diego brochure, for a $1 handling fee, click
here to send us an email.
|Face-It Luggage Tags -- Your Face on Your Luggage There's no mistaking your luggage with the Face-It Luggage Tag. The durable, laminated tag
displays your face and the phrase `This Face Belongs With This Luggage.`
A Face-It Luggage tag makes it less likely for a stranger or thief to walk off with your luggage and helps you recognize your luggage at a glance in hotels or airports. Face-It Tags are also available for
briefcases, portfolio books, backpacks, sporting equipment, musical instruments, bicycles and more. Face-It Luggage Tags.
MIRACLE PRODUCT -- in today's computerized world, we're still using
a product discovered by chance more than 10,000 years ago -- VINEGAR!!
Throw out toxic cleaners and insecticides that pollute! Save money and
save the environment by using vinegar, one of the worlds safest
all-natural products. Get more than 150 powerful recipes using vinegar
for cooking, health care, gardening, pet care and household uses for
only $4. To order, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Order
Vinegar Care in subject line.
The Travel Savings Alerts
Newsletter, P.O. Box 91033, Columbus OH 43209, edited by Nicki
Chodnoff, is published monthly.
Tell Travel Savings Alerts Newsletter readers about your products and
here for rates and information.